Intern-College-Cyber Security Identity Management
We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,500 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
The CPS Energy Internship Program is designed to meet the industry’s rapidly changing workforce needs by providing local San Antonio high school and college students with public utility career experience. Through the internship program students are paired with a mentor to acquire meaningful hands-on experience that expands their understanding of how the industry works and exposes them to essential skills they must acquire or develop to be successful. The internship is not only meant for the intern to learn how to do things, but to also understand the rationale behind the strategies that are being used.
Summer 2024 Intern Cohort
Deadline to apply: February 23, 2024
Current college transcript is required for the application
This Cyber Security Identity Management Intern is a component of the computer and information security profession that ensures legitimate parties have the right access to the right resources and right time while keeping illegitimate parties out of those systems. The position develops and maintains processes, procedures, and training, and performs cybersecurity-related administrative tasks necessary to manage user identities and their access to enterprise resources and data.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance for identify and access management activities.
- Assist with developing and implementing process and procedures to support risk governance and compliance efforts.
- Performs IT Security reviews.
- Manages access provisioning, administration, and enforcement to ensure proper user identification, authentication, access rights and monitoring.
- Reviews and interprets regulatory standards and requirements impacting CPS Energy and the security organization.
- Prepares internal and external audit evidence.
- SIEM tool dashboard/reporting creation and monitoring
- Maintains proficiency with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Energy Sector (Gas and Electric)
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management Practices
- Knowledge of Audit practices
- Ability to present information