Superintendent - Interiors
Joeris General Contractors
Reports to: Senior Project Manager or Project Executive
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
Normal Working Hours: Field – 7:00am to 3:30pm, Office – 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, plus additional hours as required for completing project duties.
Position Objective: Responsible for on-site coordination of all trades and Joeris employees for construction of the project.
Joeris Mission: To transform people and places.
• Daily jobsite activities for multiple projects
• Jobsite safety programs and reporting
• Scheduling and coordination of Trade Partners and material deliveries
• Ensuring employee safety and housekeeping
• Reporting accidents of any type to the Safety Team in a timely manner
• Notifying the Senior Superintendent and Project Manager of labor and material needs
• Keeping daily time records and accurate cost centers for each employee
• Coding materials to proper cost centers
• Creating a maintaining daily job reports
• Reviewing shop drawings for contract conformance, field dimensions, etc.
• Maintaining jobsite “record set” drawings
• Taking and maintaining jobsite progress photographs
• Obtaining and tracking all necessary city inspections
• Obtaining and terminating all temporary utilities requests
• Attending all jobsite meetings
• Completing all punch list items
• Turning over keys and obtaining a written receipt from owner
• Performing weekly review of job costs
• Maintaining quality control
• Tool and equipment maintenance
• Building client relations
• Mentoring and training Assistant Superintendent and Assistant Project Manager on their job duties
• Assisting the project team as required
• Completing training requirements as assigned and ensuring project team is actively participating in assigned training
• Additional duties as needed
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience supervising numerous commercial projects
• 3+ years of relevant experience in commercial construction
• 3+ years experience with interior remodels and finish out
• Some experience with drafting, surveying, Total Station, or CAD preferred
• Confined Space Awareness, Defensive Driving, First Aid/CPR/AED certifications preferred
• OSHA 30 certification
• Excellent reading and writing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects interacting with trade partners and site project team
• Ability to offer guidance and direction to Assistant Superintendent and Assistant Project Managers in a way that promotes teamwork and development
• Time management
• Communication skills
• People skills
Must be capable of prolonged standing; occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor; bending/reaching; climbing; balancing; bending; stooping; kneeling; crouching; crawling; handling; feeling; talking; hearing; depth perception; visual accommodation; color vision; field of vision; near acuity; far acuity; and strength. Ability to lift, move, and transport items weighing 20 lbs. During workweek, or as needed, regular drives between job sites and for meetings with owners, architects, etc.
Exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction jobsites: heat; cold; wet and/or humid; proximity to moving mechanical parts; exposure to electric shock; working in high, exposed places; exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals, noise, dust, dirt, mud, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical or mental disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. This also includes a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including Superintendents, Managers, and co-workers. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.