Senior Project Manager-Retail
Joeris General Contractors
Senior Project Manager - Retail
Reports to: Project Executive, Director of Operations, or Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
Normal Working Hours: Field – 7:00am to 3:30pm, Office – 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, plus additional hours as required for completing project duties.
Position Objective: Responsible for on-site coordination of all trades and Joeris employees for construction of the project.
Joeris Mission: To transform people and places.
- Managing relations with Client/Architect/Design Team/End User/Subcontractor while developing a list of project requirements: bonds, certificates of insurance, schedule of values, Subcontractor lists, submittals and shop drawings, product samples, product data, mix designs, closeout documents, etc. – submitting to Architect/Owner as required
- Preconstruction services – performing constructability reviews on project plans and specifications and assist Estimating Team with development of design progress budgets
- Coordinating project turnover with estimating – project buyout – reviewing scopes, thorough analysis of bidders, and preparing all subcontracts and purchase orders (for final review with Senior Project Manager)
- Preparation and maintenance of project budgets
- Creating, monitoring, tracking, and updating “progress schedule” with Project Superintendent
- Reviewing, monitoring, and coordinating all approvals of shop drawings and submittals – checking for contract conformance in conjunction with Superintendent
- Assisting the Project Team in obtaining temporary utilities and facilities – composing any requests for temporary electricity, water, phone, etc.
- Obtaining and reviewing testing laboratory reports – taking action for non-compliant test results
- Generating estimates and proposals for change orders or contract changes
- Monitoring and processing all change orders, including creation of documents for Accounting and Subcontractors and distribution to all
- Preparing cost to complete projections and all documentation for monthly Accounting review meetings
- Preparing and tracking any reports and/or logs required by specifications – ASI, RFI, PR logs
- Monitoring the delivery of items provided by major Vendors and Subcontractors (in conjunction with Superintendent)
- Coordinating, attending, and facilitating all project meetings and final inspections – generating agenda and meeting minutes for distribution
- Writing, distributing, and closing all items in pre-substantial completion punch list in conjunction with Superintendent
- Preparing and submitting all required project close-out submittals and warranties, including signed transmittal of acceptance of such items
- Compiling and archiving all job data upon completion of project
- Reviewing final costs at completion of project with Estimating and Accounting for historical data
- Creating a schedule of values and providing to Architect/Owner for approval for billing
- Compiling and submitting timely monthly pay requests to Architect/Owner – following up with Owner for prompt payment
- Approving all pay requests and billings from Subcontractors and Suppliers – accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Tracking all warranty items on completed projects
- Ensuring job office and site is organized, clean and presentable at all times (in conjunction with Superintendent)
- Mentoring and training Project Manager on their job duties
- Additional duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Construction Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Experience supervising numerous commercial projects
- 7+ years of relevant experience in commercial construction including Retail
- Some experience with drafting, surveying, Total Station, or CAD preferred
- Confined Space Awareness, Defensive Driving, First Aid/CPR/AED certifications preferred
- OSHA 30 certification
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage a single project interacting with trade partners and site project team
- Ability to offer guidance and direction to Assistant Superintendent and Assistant Project Managers in a way that promotes teamwork and development
- Time management
- Communication skills
- People skills
Must be capable of prolonged standing; occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor; bending/reaching; climbing; balancing; bending; stooping; kneeling; crouching; crawling; handling; feeling; talking; hearing; depth perception; visual accommodation; color vision; field of vision; near acuity; far acuity; and strength. Ability to lift, move, and transport items weighing 20 lbs. During workweek, or as needed, regular drives between job sites and for meetings with owners, architects, etc.
Exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction jobsites: heat; cold; wet and/or humid; proximity to moving mechanical parts; exposure to electric shock; working in high, exposed places; exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals, noise, dust, dirt, mud, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical or mental disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. This also includes a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including Superintendents, Managers, and co-workers. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.